#BookSpotlight: Galen Rose's A Place To Rest My Heart

Hey, WordWrangler Readers! We've got a special treat for you today - Galen Rose is here to share an excerpt from her contemporary romance, A Place To Rest My Heart! The book is on sale for a limited time for only 99 cents - we'll include buy links below.

Excerpt A Place To Rest My Heart: 

“Move, Ace. You’re in my way.”
“Sweetheart, I haven’t even begun to be in your way.” He leaned against the doorway, arms crossed. “I will not allow you to hurt Tommy or Molly, so why don’t you pack up your schemes and dreams and hit the road. You won’t get a penny from them. I’ll see to that.”
I have never been known for having an even temper but I’ve worked hard to keep it under control, but not this time.
“Look, asshole, I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. You’re delusional if you
think I have any intention of taking a dime from Tommy that I haven’t earned. I pay my way!”
“Sure you do. I ran your fingerprints, darlin’, right off your juice glass from this morning.
You’ve got a nice background there, Laney. Pandering? Breaking and entering? Those are great
ways to pay your way, huh? You got a scam to bilk Tommy, but you might as well hit the road
running, babe,” He smiled, acting quite pleased with himself. “Tommy and Molly all too often
fall for the sob story and feel sorry for the strays that come along.”
I felt that to my core. Stray? Felt sorry for me? The last thing I needed was anyone’s pity.
But right at the moment the only thing I felt was the need to strike back at Sean. “Stray, huh? “Weren’t you a stray too? They feel sorry for you then? Take you in on pity?” I saw his jaw
tighten and knew I’d scored.
“Leave now and I won’t tell them your plans to take them for a ride,” he growled.
“My plans? You’re so sure about my plans, huh? Wow, you sure are smart, Sean Michael Muldoon. You ran my fingerprints and so now you know my whole life story in one fell swoop? Look, you arrogant ass, you have no idea what my life has been like and a couple of knocks on a police sheet only tells you what your narrow-minded brain wants to hear. But for your parents’ sake, I’ll go and save you the trouble of making a fool out of yourself.”
I tossed the case of champagne at him. He let out a curse, as he lunged to catch the box and I shoved him hard when I went through the doorway. I heard him hit the shelves, rattling bottles and swearing a blue streak. I heard the case of champagne hit the floor with a thud and the sound of breaking glass.
I know I could have done worse and to this day I still have no idea why I didn’t kick himin the nuts, or flat out deck him. I should have done something other than leave. I wanted to do

anything other than leave, but I couldn’t bear having to own up to some of the missteps I had made long ago.

Blurb A Place To Rest My Heart: 

Sean Muldoon knows trouble when he sees it, and he sees it in Laney Murphy the minute she passes out in his arms. He thinks she’s a con artist, and she thinks he’s just like everyone else, arrogant and judgmental.


Much to Sean’s dismay his family is determined to help Laney and he just doesn’t understand why. That is until he gets to know her and realize under her tough exterior beats a heart of gold.


Meet Galen Rose: 

Galen Rose lives in the Santa Cruz Mountains and is an avid cook, gardener and traveler. Over the years, she has repaired bikes, been a telephone solicitor, a day care aide, managed the order department of a family law publishing firm and for nine years ran her own on-line Celtic jewelry and gifts store. Oh, and you can add in wife and stay-at-home-mom too. A Jill of many trades but not one true color for her parachute, until the day she really sat down to write and kept on writing and hasn't stopped.

Follow Galen Online: Website    Facebook    Pinterest    Twitter    Goodreads  

Comments

  1. Welcome, Galen. I love your title, and that excerpt gave me a case of the wants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for being our guest today, Galen! Love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Word Wranglers, Galen! Thanks for being a guest and sharing your book with us (even though it breaks my heart some bottles of champagne had to give their life ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment